There’s never been a better time to lose yourself in the historical and cultural charms of Daegu.
On Saturday, Nov. 7, EverydayKorea and the NGO ‘Mind and Body’ take you on an afternoon of exploring the splendor of this city via comfy, air-conditioned buses, complete with translators who can fill you up with cultural information of the places that we visit, plus fill your bellies at a Korean restaurant. For a super low price of 20,000won, the value of this package includes:
-Round-trip bus that starts from Daegu Station at 11am and stays with you at every leg of the tour, until we come finish back at Daegu Station at 6pm.
-Guided tour of Donghwasa Temple (see further below for more details)
-Visit to Daegu’s famed Bangjja Brassware Museum (see further below for more details)
-Lunch at a nearby restaurant (Soft tofu stew or soybean stew)
-Guided tour of 888 Festival Eco-farm
For more info and to reserve your seat on our bus, please email us now at email@example.com!
1. Donghwasa Temple: one of the biggest cultural attractions of East Asia
– As an iconic temple in Korea presenting 1,500 years of history and tradition, it has many cultural properties such as the world largest stone Buddha, Yaksa Yeorae stone Buddha. Designated as a tourist attraction, it is visited by thousands of foreigners throughout the year.
2. The only Korean Bronzeware Museum in Korea: It has been used since the Bronze Age and the only museum of Korean bronzeware is located in Palgong Mountain. Preserving the tradition and the unique production technique of heritage, they introduce the beauty and excellence of Korean tradition to descendants.
3. 888 Festival Eco-farm
There are a variety of booths where you can experience traditional games and appreciate a samulnori performance in this Eco-farm. The games include; jianzi, tuho (throwing sticks into the barrel), and slap-match. The prizes include 5000won gift certificates, Eco-bags, stainless cups, mini towels and other gifts.
4. Korean-style lunch
Your choice of soft tofu stew or soybean stew, served with plenty of yummy side dishes
5. Win a Special Prize! (Optional)
1) A sightseeing bus dance (we’ll let you know.)
2) Clapping game
3) Korean Language Quiz