2016 Earth Day Link below
With every passing year, Earth Day becomes a larger and more essential day of the year. Cities around the world choose to create festivals to bring locals together for a chance to deeply reflect on the changes affecting our planet, what innovative approaches people, NGOs and governments are doing to make it a better place and raise more awareness of what we can do to help out as common citizens of planet Earth.
One such city in Korea that regularly puts on a major festival for Earth Day is the city of Daegu, located a little less than 2 hours south of Seoul and around an hour north of Busan (if thinking in terms of KTX).
This year, however, Earth Day in Daegu is going all out to make it a truly international event, by trying to entice foreigners from all over Korea to experience this special day on Sat. April 25.
Some highlights worth considering to make a visit to Daegu on that weekend:
- Over 100 booths of cool and interesting eco themed experiences
- Walking tour of downtown Daegu
- An insane treasure hunt (Recycle Adventure Relay) that merges recycling with traditional Daegu, running through the streets with your team and map, while wearing traditional attire and wooden backpack of collected junk (We use predesignated clean junk and garbage, so no worries)
- Live expat bands playing on the main stage, plus buskers
- Over 2 million won in prizes, giveaways and freebies. Plus prizes and free tacos or kebabs for people who register early for both the walking tour and Recycle Adventure Relay. Slushies, too!
Plus, if you are coming from out of town, support staff are standing by phone and email to line you up with some great accommodation. Either stay in a cozy guesthouse with others, private motel room with jacuzzi, or stay close to nature at a pension in Daegu’s countryside. We’ll get you booked, so you can make a weekend out of it. We’ll even give you tips on what to see, do, eat, etc…while in Daegu.
It all starts with checking out our wiki for more info and filling out this form. Contact us through the form and we’ll get you more details on how you can make this a day or a full weekend to remember. But be sure to act fast if you want to book for the Recycle Adventure Relay, as we only have spots available for 40 teams.