Originally known as “Korea Short Film Festival” in 1980s, the Busan International Short Film Festival introduces a variety of short films.
The Busan International Short Film Festival will introduce a variety of domestic short films including 8mm films and independent movies produced by university students and citizens. In 2000, the festival was renamed the “Busan Asian Short Film Festival” and expanded to include short movies from all across Asia. Many of these short movies were also popular Asian films of the year. In 2010, the festival was renamed once again to “Busan International Short Film Festival” as the festival expanded its scope to include films from around the world. This festival has laid a foundation for the development for Korean movies. The festival continues to stir up support and interest in short films, acting as a catalyst for the Korean short films industry.
This year’s guest country is Spain. This is the country where last year’s Grand Prix winner Efimere was from. Rafael Amargo, a world-renowned flamenco dancer and director who received the BISFF Festival Director’s Prize, has returned to Busan to take the stage at Haneulyeon Theater for the opening performance at the Opening Ceremony. This festival shares the spirit and will strive to introduce directors armed with the spirit of shorts and their new films.
Just in case you were wondering about the awards. Here is a list of awards that will be presented at the opening ceremony.
|Grand Prix for Best Picture||KRW10,000,000 & a trophy||Awarded to the most outstanding film in competition|
|Excellence Award for Best Picture||KRW5,000,000 & a trophy||Awarded to an exceptional film in competition|
|Best Director Award||KRW3,000,000 & a trophy||Awarded to the most outstanding director in competition|
|Jury Prize||KRW2,000,000 & a trophy||Awarded to a film in competition that received special acknowledgement from the jury|
|Next Generation Award||KRW1,000,000 & a trophy||Awarded to a director of a film in competition who shows promise as a potential leader for the next generation|
|Best Script Award||KRW1,000,000 & a trophy||Awarded to the best script for a film in competition|
|Best Acting Award||KRW1,000,000 & a trophy||Awarded to an actor/actress in a film in competition whose acting was the most outstanding|
|Busan Cinephile Award||KRW1,000,000 & a trophy||Chosen and awarded by an audience jury appointed by the Busan International Short Film Festival|
|Audience Award||A prize & a trophy||Awarded to a film in competition that received the highest number of audience votes|
|Grand Prix for Best Picture||KRW1,000,000 & a trophy||Awarded to the most outstanding film out of the film production fund projects by students who are studying film or media in the Busan area|
|Excellence Award for Best Picture||A prize||Awarded to an exceptional film out of the film production fund projects by students who are studying film or media in the Busan area|
Host: Busan International Short Film Festival Organizing Committee / +82-51-742-9600
Homepage: www.bisff.org (Korean and English)
Festival Date: April 25, 2014 ~ April 29, 2014
Location: Busan Cinema Center
Opening Ceremony Ticket: 7,000 won
Regular Film Ticket: 5,000 won
Closing Ceremony: Free of Charge
** Make reservations through the Busan Cinema Center website starting April 10, 2014. (www.dureraum.org)
- Get off at Centum City station, Line 2. 5 minutes by foot from Exit 6 or 12.
- Get off at Community Media Center : take bus #115, #181, #307 → walk toward KNN for 5 minutes.
- Get off at Shinsegae Centum City, BEXCO : take bus #5-1, 36, 39, 40, 63, 141, 155, 181, 1001, 1002, or 1007 → 5 minutes by foot.
From the airport
- Airport limousine bus: get off at Shinsegae Centum City then 5 minutes by foot.
- Subway: take Busan Gimhae Light Rail Transit at Gimhae International Airport station → Transfer to Line 2 at Sasang Station → Get off at Centum City Station; 5 minutes by foot.
- Get off at Busan station → go to bus stop in front of the station; take bus number 5-1, 40, 139, 1001 → get off at Shinsegae Centum City; 5 minutes by foot.
- From Haeundae : Haeundae Beach → Haeundae Road → Olympic Intersection → Busan Cinema Center.
- From Busan Train Station : Busan Train Station → Jungang Road → Choryang Intersection → The 1st Underpass → Chungjang Overpass → Mangmi Overpass → Jwasuyoung Road → Chungryeol Road→ Busan Cinema Center.
Parking information (opening hours – 8:00~23:00)
- Parking fee: free parking for up to 30 minutes; 500 won per 30 minutes after the first 30 minutes.
- Movie ticket holder: free parking for up to 3 hours by showing movie ticket.
- Day-long parking: 8000 wons
- Discount (50%): compact car/cars with a disability sticker, national honoree, registered multiple children family card
NOTE: ALL DATES CAN CHANGE DUE TO FESTIVAL ORGANIZATION’S CONDITIONS. PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE OR CALL THEM BEFORE PLANNING TO ATTEND THIS FESTIVAL. IN THE CASE THERE ARE ANY CHANGES THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF, PLEASE SHARE IT WITH US AT firstname.lastname@example.org. THANK YOU!